Clan O’Donovan Virtual Gathering – June 2022
You are invited to join O’Donovans and Donovans worldwide for our second annual Virtual Clan Gathering from 5-11 June, 2022.
The purpose of the online Virtual Gathering is to celebrate the spirit of fellowship and connection that an in-person Gathering would provide: O’Donovans meeting and getting to know each other informally; creating bonds that will carry forward to our proposed 2023 Gathering in Ireland.
Details of the Virtual Gathering:
- When: Events will take place online over the week of 5-11 June, 2022.
- What: A weeklong Virtual Celebration of O’Donovans Worldwide, with the theme: “Celebrating O’Donovan Stories”. Activities can include Facebook Live events, Virtual Mini-Gatherings via Zoom, photo essays, videos and interviews with O’Donovan family members.
- Who: Any member of our Facebook groups: Clan O’Donovan Gathering or Donovan/O’Donovan DNA and Genealogy, or subscriber to the O’Donovan Gathering Mailing List can share a story.
- How: It’s simple! Think of an aspect of your life as an O’Donovan that you’d like to share with our extended Family. Then submit a brief video, photo essay or memoir that will be posted during Virtual Gathering week. You can also join or host a live event via Facebook Live or Zoom. Examples of story ideas:
- “A Day in the Life of my Neighborhood/City/Town/Village”
- “View of my Garden”
- “Memories of an Irish Childhood”
- Virtual Zoom Gathering of O’Donovans with Skibbereen (or Drimoleague, Clonakilty, your town) Roots
- “My O’Donovan Emigration Story”
- Favorite pastimes and hobbies can also be featured: golf, horses, knitting, genealogy – whatever inspires you that you’re comfortable sharing online.
Submit your story, video or live event idea as soon as possible; deadline for video and story submissions is June 1st, 2022. Volunteers will be available to help bring your idea to life!
Future blog posts on this site will offer helpful resources, tutorials and templates to simplify the process and encourage submissions.